Saturday, September 30, 2006

Reyes rules out Arsenal return.

Real Madrid striker Jose Reyes has shot down any chance of returning to Arsenal when his loan expires in June.

Reyes told The Sun he was overjoyed to have left the Gunners: "I'm delighted with my start and a big part of that is down to the coach because he has confidence in me. At Arsenal I wasn't happy and I didn't like being in London. It's not possible to hide that when you go on to the pitch. But here it's completely different. I'm happy, I feel comfortable in Madrid and that helps.

"When you've got players on the bench like Beckham, Robinho and Cassano all after a place, it's a big motivation to make sure you perform and stay in the team. But the fans can still see a lot more from me. I can give twice as much.

"Every game I go out there with a point to prove - and that is I want to stay. I don't want to go back to Arsenal."

No comments: