Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cicinho set for Roma!

Brazilian defender Cicinho is likely to leave Real Madrid in the January transfer window after failing to impress new coach Fabio Capello. Roma are understood to already have an agreement in principle with Real over a loan deal for the right-sided defender.

Roma's interest has been confirmed by Real's Italian agent Ernesto Bronzetti.

“In the last few days of the transfer market I spoke to (coach) Luciano Spalletti and director Daniele Prade' about Cicinho.

“We reached an agreement to take him on loan, but the problem was that Real wanted to make a permanent sale and cash in about £7m.

"I also received offers from Fiorentina and Inter for Cicinho, but I pushed for him to join the Giallorossi.

"I didn't even need to, as he had fallen in love with their fans when he came here to play as an opponent."

However, West Ham manager Alan Pardew also revealed at the weekend that he would try to follow-up his summer bid with another offer in January.

Premiership West Ham signed Argentina internationals Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez on deadline day to strengthen their squad for their forthcoming UEFA Cup campaign.

COMMENTS:
---------------

I think it will not be a good decission to sell or loan Cicinho. Because he is an impressive player and also a great winger and a player who can change a match. I think it will be a great mistake if Real loose him.

Cicinho might be a key player in the future and now he is also impressive and a player of Brazilian National side. I don't know why he couldn't impress Capello. But Capello must have a plan. So let's see what happened. But I think it will not be a good decission and Real may suffer for him later.

So I think it will be good to keep him in the squad.

No comments: