Thursday, November 23, 2006

Van Nistelrooy: "It's disappointing to miss a penalty after equalising with character."


All eyes were on Ruud Van Nistelrooy in the 89th minute, when he had the chance of winning the match with a penalty kick. Coupet managed to save the shot how upset he was. “I'm disappointed," he said. "It was important for the team, especially after coming back from being down 2-0."

"I'm disappointed with the penalty. It was important for the team, especially after coming back from being down 2-0. I'm very disappointed. I didn't hit the ball well. Nevertheless, drawing 2-2 after turning around a two goal deficit is a good result. They didn't have as many chances in the second half. I've taken five penalties so far this season and I've missed three. We have another important match on Sunday, and we will have to play like we did in the second half today."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is missing a lot of penalties these days.