Sunday, November 19, 2006

Carlos future in doubt!

Roberto Carlos says he wants to end his career with Real Madrid but is not convinced he will be handed a new deal.

Carlos almost left the club in the summer but opted to stay after turning down offers from Chelsea and Turkish outfit Fenerbahce. However the Brazilian has yet to sign a new deal and, despite being offered a new one-year contract with the option of a further year, Carlos is unsure what the future holds.

Carlos will only get the extension if he plays over 35 games this season, something he is not happy about.
"This is all very well, but what happens if I get injured?" Carlos said of the situation. "I have given a lot to this club and I cannot be fully blamed if things haven't worked out for us in recent years.
"I want to end my career here and that's what I want to explain to the club. I will tell them about the offers I had from Chelsea and Fenerbahce and the fact that they didn't let me leave.

No comments: