Friday, August 04, 2006

Reyes: Madrid the real deal for me

Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes has urged Real Madrid to move to sign him before the Premiership club kick off their Champions League campaign next week.

In a report on www.marca.es, 22-year-old Spanish international Reyes made it clear he was desperate to make the switch.

Reyes said: "I don`t know anything but the days are going by and I am not going to deny I am a little worried by the rumours. I am missing Spain and I have a unique chance to come back with Real Madrid. Everyone must understand I can`t let this chance pass by. Madrid are unique."

He added: "I know I am wanted (at Arsenal) and that the fans are behind me but I am not adapting to this life."

Reyes is desperate Madrid move before Arsenal play Dinamo Zagreb in a Champions League qualifier next week.

"The boss (Arsene Wenger) has said nothing to me and I don`t know if I will play or not," said the former Sevilla favourite.

"I hope everything is sorted out before. It`s obvious if I play (for Arsenal) in the Champions League the signing for Madrid will become quite complicated.

"But if I have to play I will."

No comments: