Friday, August 04, 2006

REAL NOT GIVING UP ON KAKA

Real Madrid are refusing to give up hope of signing Brazil midfielder Kaka, according to the club´s new president Ramon Calderon.

Calderon targeted the acquisition of the AC Milan playmaker during his recent election campaign and remains hopeful of bringing the 24-year-old to the Bernabeu, despite the player´s insistence he is happy in Italy. Kaka recently signed a new five-year contract at Milan, who on Wednesday discovered they will be allowed to enter this season´s Champions League.



"It´s true that when I put myself forward as a candidate I had this objective, and both (head coach, Fabio) Capello and (sporting director, Predrag) Mijatovic have said to me that he would be a good buy," Calderon told Real´s official website, www.realmadrid.com. "Mijatovic also told me that he had confidence that he would come, and I keep hoping that will be the case.

Source:
www.givemefootball.com

No comments: