Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sergio Ramos Ready To Move To The Right.

Sergio Ramos looks set to become Real Madrid's full-time right-back following the arrival of Pepe and Christoph Metzelder to play in the centre of defence.

The Spain international has returned to the position where he made his name at Sevilla and admits that he will happy playing anywhere across the back-line.

"They haven’t told me anything specific yet, but I am ready to play wherever Schuster tells me to.

"It seems like I may be a right back because of how I’ve been positioned during training. I’ve been lucky enough to play both there and as centre back on this team.

"The only thing I know for sure is that I will do my best at all times because I want to play."

As reports continue to grow that Madrid are preparing to return to the transfer market to bolster their squad, Ramos admits that he has been impressed with the new arrivals so far.

"That’s not up to us to decide," he continued. "Two excellent centre backs have joined the team this summer and we may get even more reinforcements."

While los Merengues continue their search for a star signing, Barça have already hit the headlines with their summer recruitments, but that does not worry Ramos.

"Every team does what it can to strengthen itself," he stated. "We are happy with our new players and we will welcome more if they are to arrive.

"We believe we achieved our main goal last year and we will now have to start from zero again."

New Madrid boss, Bernd Schuster, has changed the dynamic of training at the club, but has not allowed his players to escape with an easy pre-season.

"It is normal to undergo such hardships in the pre-season, we have both physical and tactical sessions," Ramos said.

"Every coach is different and players like to combine both things during training. We are very happy with Schuster."

No comments: