Tuesday, July 24, 2007

KAKA RULES OUT MADRID MOVE.

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has ended speculation over his future by declaring the "door is closed" on a move to Real Madrid, even though he has admitted to meeting with the Spanish champions.

The Brazil ace has reportedly been the target of a world-record bid from Madrid, but insists he sees his future with the Champions League winners.

"I have never asked to leave, terminate my contract or have any get-out clauses at Milan," he said.

"I see myself being a symbol of a great squad and I hope that this can be Milan."

The 25-year-old was instrumental in Milan's road to Athens glory last season and the fans - several thousand of whom arrived to greet him at the start of pre-season training on Monday - can look forward to seeing more of his magic in years to come.

He said: "They [the fans] don't have to worry. I have a contract until 2011 and the door to Real Madrid is closed.

"Only Milan can reopen it if they decide to sell me."

And Real would already be at an advanced stage with the player if the Milanese club did decide to take an offer seriously.

"Just like Milan look to strengthen by searching out other players, Real did so by searching me," admitted the South American.

"There was a meeting with Real Madrid, but the first to know about it was Milan.

"Real Madrid are a huge club but, as even Pele said, money is not everything. I have learned from friends who left Milan and are suffering away from this club."

No comments: