Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baptista Wants To Stay With Madrid.

Julio Baptista has said that he is keen to stay at Real Madrid after the club's technical secretary said that he hoped the Brazilian would stay.

The 25-year-old returned to the Bernabéu after a year on loan at Arsenal and revealed that he wanted to prove himself at the Bernabéu.

While Fabio Capello was still in charge a question mark hung over Baptista's head and he was linked with away from the Spanish giants.

After an impressive performance for Brazil in the recent Copa América, however, Madrid's technical secretary, Miguel Ángel Portugal, said that he hopes the player stays.

"It pleases me that they have praised me because I want them to have faith in my football," Baptista told Punto Radio.

"What I really desire is to play for Real Madrid and to succeed there.

"I do not want to look for another team. If you sign a contract, and you are happy, you do not wish to change team."

Baptista is now hoping to win the confidence of new Madrid coach, Bernd Schuster, during their pre-season training camp in Irdning, Austria.

"I hope that he is good for Real Madrid and all of us," he continued.

"What I want is to be able to help, and to be able to play, and if the trainer trusts you, even better."

No comments: