Friday, January 05, 2007

Beckham Close To Real Decision.

David Beckham appears to be close to reaching a decision over whether or not he should stay at Real Madrid and accept the Merengue renewal offer or if he should seek out one final challenge before hanging his boots up.

Although the time frame – Becks’ contract expires at the end of June 2007 – means that he can now approach and be approached by other clubs about future contracts, the English midfielder is giving priority to the White House.

"Last season we had talks about renewal but after that we changed President and then we changed Coach…there were a lot of changes and we had to start all over again but I’m sure it’s a subject that we’ll sort out very shortly”, he explained to Spanish mag ‘Futbolista'. (Footballer).

"My family and I are very happy living here in Madrid and I’m very happy playing for Real Madrid, and how my family feels is really important to me", stressed Beckham before going on to talk about a personal taboo that he’s still burning to break: the Merengue trophy drought.

Beckham’s arrival coincided with the beginning of a trophy drought that has lasted from the 2003-4 season to the current 2006-7 – something the midfielder wants to change before he leaves the Spanish capital.

"Personally I’d like to win La Liga, but a football player can’t say that he doesn’t want to win the Champions league even if he’s won it before. I don’t know what we’ll win but I do know that this year we have to win something", Beckham explained.

No comments: